Robinson Hall was dedicated in 1878 as the Brown University Library. The architects, William Walker and Thomas Gould, designed the building in the fashionable Venetian Gothic style popularized by John Ruskin.
Robinson Hall currently houses the Department of Economics, providing offices for faculty and graduate students, a conference room, and computer facilities. The rotunda is used for exhibitions, ceremonies, performances, and parties.
This drawing of Robinson Hall is by David Macaulay, prize-winning
author and illustrator of books about architecture.